“No incisions, less pain, less risk, and amazing results”…. that’s the IR difference!
Imagine having your tired, heavy, varicose vein ridden legs treated on your lunch hour. Or your liver tumor “burned out” and killed through a skin puncture in the morning so that you can be present at an important event the same evening. Welcome to the world of Interventional Radiology!
Interventional radiologists are highly specialized physicians that use image guidance (i.e. x-rays, CT/MRI, and ultrasound) to look inside the body and guide a small catheter through a blood vessel to treat a disease process. Interventional radiologists treat a variety of diseases and work closely with other members of your health care team to provide the best treatment for your condition. Since IR can now treat many conditions that once required traditional open surgery, it is important to learn about all of your treatment options to see if an IR treatment is right for you.
- Emergency Medicine
- Gastric Sciences
- Interventional Radiology
- Psychiatry & De - addiction
- Geriatric Medicine
- Heart Center - Center of Excellence
- Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- General surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Trauma and Emergency
- Orthopedics, Joint Replacement & Arthroscopy
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Respiratory Medicine - Center of Excellence
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pathology, Biochemistry & Microbiology
- Critical Care & Anaesthesiology