Dr. Katewa has over 10 years of experience in endocrinology with an expertise in management of Diabetes and Thyroid disorders. She strongly believes that the key to successful management of diabetes and other lifestyle diseases is to involve the patient and the family as stakeholders in care. Management of Diabetes is a “team sport” where every team member is equally important.
Dr. Katewa was the head of department of Non-Communicable Diseases at the Government Hospital, Raipur and has wide experience in implementation of health policies of the government for prevention and management of lifestyle diseases.
She has experience in conducting clinical trials and research methodology and has served as Member Secretary on an Institutional Ethics Committee during 2014-2017. She actively participates in the workshops and professional meetings as guest lecturer.
- MBBS - 2005, Nepalgunj Medical College, University of Kathmandu, Nepal
- PGDDM - 2010 FROM Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Cochin
- Has developed methodical approach towards diagnosis and management of Diabetes and its complications.
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive education program for pregnant women with Diabetes.
- Developed Comprehensive education program for the patients, family and the caregivers targeted at successful and sustained management of Diabetes.
Area of Expertise
- Implantation & Management of Insulin Pumps
- Implantation & management of Ambulatory Glucose Profile Device
- Chronic diseased patient counselling
- Gestational diabetes management
- Pediatric diabetes management
- Thyroid disorder management
- Metabolic & hormonal disorder management
- Diabetic foot management